Tuesday, March 25, 2008

At loose ends... (or too many irons in the fire)

I feel at loose ends lately. Maybe I just have too many unfinished projects. I felt I started off the year with a bang. We even had a tidy list of (attainable) resolutions to make this year great.
So, self check here, how am I doing on keeping those resolutions?

# 4, 9 & 21 - I have alternately consumed more wine and less wine depending on whether or not I am trying to shed a few pounds or recovering from one of my too many flu-like maladies of the season or if I am relaxing with one of my meals consisting solely of appetizers with lit candles for ambiance (#2 &11).

# 25 - I have met this goal, we both have. My children have new, cute backpacks, and Kerry's girls have super cute Webkin's bags.


#14 - It is a funny thing, when you water plants, they grow beautiful, new green leaves. My plants are thankful for the attention.

#23 - We have made lots of fabulous tote bags, which we have shared in our blog. Now we are looking for new designs and new patterns. And also we are looking for lots of occasions where we can tote our new bags.

While there are other resolutions that I am "working on" I feel that I have too many unfinished projects and so many supplies to work with. Sometime the choices can be a little daunting. More is sometimes too much. Currently on my project to do list I have two candles to finish for my home, one or more tissue boxes, also for my home, an unfinished magnet board and some tote bags and drawstring bags that I want to use for gifts, and that's not all. I guess I had better get moving on some of these unfinished projects.

It's as if I have a creative "writers block." Just how do I get motivated when I am feeling overwhelmed and uninspired at the same time?

Perhaps it is malaise. Wikipedia even talks about a "winter malaise." It is a real thing. So my feeling of being out of sorts can be attributed to, "the culmination of the body adjusting to cold winter conditions and a possible depressing atmosphere due to either being forced inside due to the cold, or forced into a mundane daily routine because of the winter conditions." Now that it is nearing the end of March, I would have thought the winter doldrums would have passed. Hopefully a dose of spring sunshine and fresh air will snap me back into shape.


So, off to work on some unfinished projects. I will keep you posted on the results. Any ideas for battling malaise? you keep me posted.