Thursday, October 18, 2007

Unique Boutique and The Light Idea

This Friday, October 19 and Saturday, October 20, we have invited 4 artists to join us for our fall art and fine craft sale. Today I would like you to meet Linda Brookover.


Ok, Kerry and I have been in serious hummingbird mode this week. We had crazy-busy orders for jewelry plus we were hard at work getting ready for the sale and publicizing. That part is hard. Does anyone have an easy button for that? Anyway, we are finally all ready and I can stop and take a breath and introduce you our friend Linda who is brave enough to have two businesses, Unique Boutique Handbags and The Light Idea Lamps.

Linda is the maker of high quality fabric handbags and purses. She uses interesting yet durable materials. She has an eye for combining fabrics, buttons, and ribbons to make these fantastic creations. Her bags also have lots of detail, with lots of pocket, magnetic snap closures, and even a hook inside to snap onto your keys. Boy, do I need that! I am forever digging in the bottom of my purse to find my keys.
Linda also makes beautiful lampshades! She finds adorable lamps and matches them with the perfect shade which she embellishes with fringe, ribbons, and beads. These creations are quite the focal point in a bedroom or on an end table. Again, her eye for combining texture and color is fantastic. These lamps evoke a sense of softness, femininity, and style.

Linda says this about coming into creativity:
"My love for arts and crafts started at a very young age, while taking art classes at the McNay Art Institute and all the way to college. I love many forms of art from painting, stain glass, pottery, but there is not enough time to do them all. Along the way I became a flight attendant and was able to experience the world and many different cultures. With that came new forms of art and color combinations I had never seen before. Unfortunately I was in an accident and I am not able to fly again, but now focus on my art and bring to you some of the experiences of the world through the art that I create. I live a few miles from the Flatirons range near Boulder Colorado with my husband and two kids."
We love Linda's attention to detail and her lovely color combinations. Her work is high quality and first rate! We know you would agree.
Join us tomorrow at the studio (and Saturday) from 9 - 1 to see We'll even have some nice treats to nibble on, and some warm tea to sip on as you get a head start on your holiday shopping. Can you stand it? All these wonderful women in one place! We hope you can make it to the sale!