Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Halloween Decor


I have been trying to take a cue from Somerset Life magazine and live a more artful life. It is a challenge but still a lot of fun. So, this month I created a new piece of Halloween decor for the house. Rachel and I found this great Halloween paper and I loved it so much, I couldn't even cut it to use for collage. So, I used it whole and added vintage flash card words and metal numbers from 7 gypsies. The finishing touch was this great 'Trick or Treat' ribbon that was tied on a gift my mom sent me a few years ago. So, easy and I get loads of compliments on it.

So I will keep moving ahead with my challenge and try to infuse art in every aspect of my life. It makes me feel good when I surround myself beautiful and original items. There are always more places to incorporate art into my surroundings. I just need to continue to be aware and continue to work on it.