Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Etsy - Showcase for Handmade Items

We have recently listed some of the art items on a sales and showcase site called www.etsy.com. It features thousands of handmade items sold by artists around the country. Every time I start looking at all of the fabulous things for sale on Etsy, I get just sucked in. I can't stop looking and going from store to store. Rachel does the same thing and then we email items to each other in case one of us missed them.

Cowgirl Apron Sold On Etsy

It just amazes me to see how many talented and creative people there are. There are so many artists living typical lives in our country. You could probably find several people in your own neighborhood who make fabulous works of art. You don't have to go to a museum to find art. There are people doing textile work, pottery, woodworking, paper media etc. The list of mediums is endless. I love to see people's work. It inspires me and as I look at their items, I want to create more as well.

Take a look at our store at www.etsy.com and let us know what you think. Let us know who your favorite sellers are. We would love to check them out.