Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Carla, Oh Where, Oh Where could your comments be?


I was recently talking to a friend of mine from California. Carla and I have been friends since the 9th grade when we met at Notre Dame High School in Sherman Oaks. We survived High School together and have always stayed in touch through all of the changes over the years. Carla is the type of friend who you can pick up the phone and instantly reconnect with no matter how long it has been. She is a friend forever that I am lucky to have. Not only is she is a great friend but also a loyal reader of our blog. Although have you ever seen a comment from her? No. We spent about 2 hours on the phone yesterday discussing our 20 year reunion where she filled me in on the evening since I could not attend. She confessed her love for our blog but when asked about commenting, she said she didn't know what to write.
Well, I have to say, I don't think she is the only lurker out there. When you don't comment we feel like you don't read as well. Sometimes we fell like we are back in high school and not winning the popularity contest. Yes, I know Rachel and I over analyze things and think and talk far too much about this, but it is who we are and at this point we aren't changing. Comment away, let us know you are out there, that what we write touches you in some way. Do you want more giveaways? Do you want more surveys? Do you want more personal mentions? I swear we'll do whatever it takes.
So let's make this post the one with the most comments ever. (It can't be hard, our record is 5 comments of which 4 were spam.) And Carla, comment please. Public embarrassment is only something you can forgive a friend of 24 years for.