Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Boat House Update

Do you remember when I told you about the Lafayette Boathouse that was destroyed by arson. It was a big loss for our community. The boathouse at Waneka Lake was a nice little gem in our town. Children and adults enjoyed what it had to offer, and in 2007, it was senselessly burned to the ground.

I wanted to give you an update. What was diminished to ashes has been rebuilt.
I have been meaning to take my camera with me on our walks, today I remembered it, just as I was walking out the door. I am so glad I did. As we were coming around the west end of the lake, we saw a trailer filled with bright paddle boats, ready for delivery.

The boathouse will be finished soon. The fleet will be back in the water this summer. There will be a ribbon cutting ceremony and grand opening next month - details to follow.