Monday, April 7, 2008

A Monday Favorite



We are going to try and let you in on one of our favorite finds each Monday. This week we wanted to let you know about a new discovery in one of our very favorite categories, wine. Martha Stewart, the woman who can do anything, recently launched a line of wines. Rachel couldn't resist and bought a bottle for me. We tried the Cabernet varietal and enjoyed it very much. It was not too strong but with enough bold flavors. I then found the line at my local wine store. Sale price was $9.99, very reasonable for a nice bottle that you can have a with a weeknight supper or a casual dinner with friends. I bought the Merlot and again was quite pleased. It was served at our local book club meeting with a lovely array of appetizers (prepared by Rachel, a very delicious bruschetta and asparagus wrapped in prosciutto.) The Merlot blended well with the foods. They are both wines that I definitely would serve again. There is also a chardonnay that I will try soon. I hope you all have a chance to try some of Martha's wines and enjoy them as much as we have.