Friday, November 9, 2007

T H A N Komm inn S
In this month of Thanksgiving, I want to take some time to give thanks. I know it may sound corny.....or not. But I may get a little thematic on you for a while, so bear with me... here is my first installment of thankfulness. I will begin with a quotation (teehee)

"Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful."

-Buddha

I guess this one struck me as a good motto, a mantra even, to always try to look on the positive side of things. As Kerry could tell you, I am sometimes more the optimistic of the two of us. Sometimes that's good, sometimes that's bad.
I recently read on another blog about the "high thought" (It's on Tanya's Blog, which I found via Mary's Blog). I love this idea! What is the positive you can find in a situation? Even a bad one? I guess it is that whole glass half full or half empty debate. I think it is half full. My philosophy is to always look for the positive, even when it is hard to find. Who really wants to dwell in negativity? I have found that if you like to stew in your own negative thoughts, you'll have few friends to share them with.
What is your high thought for today? What are you thankful for?