Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Fabric swap

Today Kerry and I swapped fabric. We each have sewing machines at our own homes. We don't keep sewing machines in the studio, I don't think there would be any room. So, we divide the fabric we own together and periodically trade. It is quite a sight! We each have our fabric in big crates. One of us hauls our crate to the other person's house.

Today, Kerry brought her fabric over to my house. Then, in the living room, we had a fabric explosion! After all, you can't trade fabric without knowing what you have to share. We spent a fair amount of time sorting and combining fabrics and discussing what we could make out of the respective pieces and combinations. Then, we claim the pieces we want to work with and re-pack our boxes.

Today we even created challenges for each other. Actually Kerry gave us both a challenge. To assemble all the items which are already cut out. I don't know about you, but I have a number of items cut and not put together. Nothing huge, just a few pouches, tissue holders, and tote bags, well, quite a few. So, we will see if I can rise to the occasion and finish all the work I have started. Stay tuned for updates, and give me some encouragement to get it all done!